Are your indoor plants struggling to grow? If yes, then this article is only for you.
Most people don’t think of adding fertilizers to their indoor plants. But adding fertilizers is essential for your indoor plant’s healthy growth.
Think of a potted plant. The soil is fresh for the first two months and has all the essential nutrients and minerals for its growth. But after two months, the plant will absorb all the essential minerals from the soil. Your potted plant needs some more nutrients to grow consistently.
So, you need to add fertilizers so your plant can grow properly. Various fertilizers are available on the market, like granular, liquid, and many more. But liquid fertilizers can show results within very few days. It helps in giving instant nutrients and minerals to your indoor plant. Additionally, it is pretty easy to apply.
You can apply them to roots or directly on their leaves. Try to apply early morning or evening when you apply liquid fertilizer on the leaves of your indoor plant as stomata are open at that time.
The article discusses the best liquid fertilizers for indoor plants. So keep reading this article to acquire knowledge about different liquid fertilizers available on the market.
What Is Liquid Fertilizer?
Liquid fertilizer is a liquid soluble fertilizer that helps in feeding plants. In short liquid fertilizers provide food to your plants which is reasonably necessary for their overall growth. It contains various essential nutrients like Nitrogen, potassium, phosphorous, zinc, and many more.
You can apply liquid fertilizer uniformly in soil. But if you compare it with traditional fertilizer, they are used in patterns. So you cannot apply them uniformly in soil.
Again liquid fertilizers help in giving immediate nutrients to your plants. So, your results can be seen within one week.
However, there is one limitation of liquid fertilizer. These liquid fertilizers quickly seep into the soil and subsoil. So, all the micronutrients may not be available to your plant’s roots. It is the reason for which you need to apply liquid fertilizers within a gap of a few weeks.
How To Use Liquid Fertilizer For Indoor Plants?
- Take a measuring cup and dilute the liquid fertilizer as per the instructions. The instructions differ from one liquid fertilizer to another.
- If the liquid fertilizer is mainly designed for root application, then apply it straight to the roots of your indoor plant.
- If the liquid fertilizer is designed for foliar application, then take a spray bottle and fill it with the dilute solution. Then spray it on the foliage of your plants.
MORE POSTS: How to make liquid fertilizer from kitchen waste at home?
Best Liquid Fertilizer For Indoor Plants
1. Miracle-Gro Indoor Plant Food
You can apply Miracle-gro fertilizer to almost all indoor plants in your home. You can apply directly to the soil or mix with water and apply it once every seven days. If you have a smaller pot and want to use it directly to the soil of your indoor plant, apply only one pump of this liquid fertilizer. But, If you have a larger pot, apply two pumps of this liquid fertilizer to the soil of the indoor plant. After that, you can water your plants as usual.
If you prefer to give this liquid fertilizer in a watering can, mix four pumps in four quarts of water, apply them to your indoor plant, and then water them as usual.
- This liquid fertilizer contains Ammoniacal Nitrogen, soluble potash, phosphate, and many more.
- It helps in giving instant nutrients to your indoor plant.
- The plants will grow at a rapid rate after adding this liquid fertilizer. But adding too much can affect its growth.
- Easy to apply
- No odor like traditional fertilizers.
- Healthy plant growth
- Some customers complain that they have white mold at the top of the soil after applying this liquid fertilizer.
2. Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All Purpose Plant Food Concentrate
This liquid fertilizer is a 32-ounce bottle with an NPK ratio of 12:4:8. This high concentration of Nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous helps grow outdoor and indoor plants. Try to feed your plants every 7 -14 days.
- It can immediately give nutrients to your indoor plant, which is required for its growth.
- You can apply this liquid fertilizer to both indoor and outdoor plants.
- Work wonders on your indoor plants
- Easy to use
- Affordable price
- It may leak at the time of transit.
3. Organic Liquid Seaweed & Kelp Fertilizer Supplement By Bloom City
Seaweed and kelp fertilizer are 100 percent natural and organic. It helps in feeding all the vital micronutrients to your indoor plants. The best thing is you can feed this fertilizer to both indoor as well as outdoor plants, and there is no risk of applications
The product comprises plant compounds that are pretty helpful for the plant’s growth. It even improves the photosynthesis process and the overall health of the plant. Add 1-2 tablespoons of this liquid fertilizer to every gallon of water, and then spray your plants.
- Easy to use
- It comprises seven algae species.
- Safe for all types of plants.
- It helps in improving the growth of your indoor plants.
- Easy to use
- 100 percent natural
- Some customers complain that this product leaks at the time of transit.
- It smells terrible if you keep it for several months.
4. Espoma Organic 8-ounce Concentrated Indoor Plant Food
The Espoma organic concentrated indoor plant food is 100 percent natural and organic. So, it is safe for both human beings and animals. The best thing about this liquid fertilizer is that you can feed your indoor pants instantly.
You have to ½ cap of this liquid fertilizer per Quart of water and then water your indoor plants. You can use this fertilizer every 2-4 weeks for good results. It is excellent for large and small indoor plants like snakes, palms, and others.
- You can feed your plants very quickly.
- Every bottle can feed plants up to 400 square feet.
- It is specially formulated to increase the overall growth of indoor plants.
- Organic product
- Easy to use
- Plants look healthy within a few days.
- Affordable price
- Value for money
- It smells like toilet bowl cleaner
5. Dyna- Gro-GRO-032 Grow Liquid Plant Food 7-9-5,32- Ounce
The Dyna -Gro -GRO liquid fertilizer is a liquid fertilizer that can be used for the healthy growth of indoor plants. Mix ½ to ¼ tablespoon of this fertilizer in every gallon of water and spray your indoor plants.
This fertilizer contains 7 percent of Nitrogen, which helps in foliage development, and 9 percent phosphorous, which helps strengthen the roots of your indoor plants.
You can even use this liquid fertilizer for outdoor plants. But you have to use only ½ a tablespoon of this liquid fertilizer every time while watering.
- Low in soluble salts.
- It contains 16 necessary elements vital for the plant’s development.
- It contains NPK in the ratio of 7:9:5 which is the perfect ratio for promoting both foliage and blooms.
- It is suitable for rocky soil, pot-grown plants, and hydroponics.
- Plant thriving.
- Excellent formulation of minerals and nutrients.
- You have to use this liquid fertilizer repeatedly within a gap of a few days.
- Some customers complain that the bottle leak at the time of transit.
6. Purived Liquid Fertilizer For Indoor Plants
Purived liquid fertilizer work wonders for indoor plants. The best thing about this product is formulated or any feeding method.
You can apply them in the soil or spray them on the leaves of the indoor plant. You have to add one cup of this liquid fertilizer to a gallon of water and then apply it to your indoor plants. It has all the essential micronutrients which will keep all your indoor plants and succulents happy.
It has Nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium(NPK) in the ratio of 4:5:5. The Nitrogen in this liquid fertilizer helps in growing healthy green leaves of your indoor plant. In short, Nitrogen stimulates the production of chlorophyll. The phosphorous helps in developing plant roots and stems. The potassium aids in the overall growth of the plant.
- Safe to use
- Easy to apply
- Promotes growth of indoor plants
- 100 percent soluble in water
- Odour free
- Natural and organic
- Easy to use
- Feed your plants instantly
- Safe to use in herbs, vegetable, and flower gardens.
- It works wonderfully for a certain period and after it turns moldy inside the bottle.
Bonide liquid plant food is specially designed for indoor plants. The best thing is that using this liquid fertilizer for almost a few days can result in healthy, lush green plants. Nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous are in the ratio of 10:10:10, which helps grow your indoor plant. You have to mix 1/8th spoonful of this fertilizer in one-quarter of water and then apply it to the plants.
- You can feed this fertilizer to your indoor plants every time while watering.
- Easy to use
- Increase the growth of your plants
- The leaves of your indoor plant will not turn yellow.
- Increases blooms
- It has a chance of spilling at the time of transit.
8. Professional Liquid Money Tree Fertilizer
The professional liquid money tree fertilizer contains almost all nutrients and minerals necessary for the money plant’s healthy growth. The optimum Nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous ratio help give bright green leaves to your money plant.
The Nitrogen in this package helps in healthy foliage, and phosphorous helps to strengthen your plant’s roots. Potassium helps to grow your plant in a healthy manner. Mix 1-2 tablespoons of this product in 8 cups of water and then apply it to your money plant.
- You can apply this product o any money plant.
- It comprises of Nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium.
- The product comes in an 8 oz sealed bottle.
- Healthy growth of the plant
- It helps in reducing brown spots and yellowing of leaves.
- Prevents root rotting
- Plants grow green compared to before.
- It can blend easily.
- You have to apply this fertilizer within a gap of a few weeks.
9. Agro Thrive All Purpose Organic Liquid Fertilizer
The Agrothrive liquid fertilizer helps in enhancing vigorous root and foliar growth in indoor plants. Additionally, it also helps in improving disease resistance in plants. You can use this liquid fertilizer for both your outdoor and indoor plants. You have to mix 2-4oz in 1 gallon of water and then apply it to the soil of your indoor plants. Try to use 2 OZ of this liquid fertilizer for starter plants and 4 OZ for matured plants. You can see results within one week.
If we talk about traditional fertilizers, then they comprise numerous organic materials. The plant depends on the soil’s microbes because they help break these organic materials into simple forms, and plants can absorb them easily. But Agrothrive liquid fertilizer is one such organic liquid fertilizer in the market that has undergone a digestion process before entering into the soil. So, you can see results within only one week.
- It has an NPK ratio of 3:3:2. Which helps your plant’s healthy growth.
- Completely organic fertilizer.
- The fertilizer is composed of organic fish and grains.
- Fast acting fertilizer
- Promote the growth of your indoor plants.
- It works immediately.
- You have to use it repeatedly for better plant growth
Indoor plants add beauty to your house. But lack of essential nutrients in the soil can stop their growth and even develop yellow spots which don’t look good. Everyone wants their plants to look green and have a healthy development.
So, you need to add fertilizers within a fixed interval to the soil. Liquid fertilizers are one of the best options. You can choose any liquid fertilizers above and add them to the indoor plants. You will observe a massive difference within a few days.
We hope you like this article. In the comment section, you can ask us any queries related to liquid fertilizer and its availability in the market.
MORE POSTS: How Long Does Liquid Fertilizer Last in Soil?